It is possible to ski from the condo if there's enough snow, but not so much as to block access from the building.
- Royal Gorge is the premier X-C ski venue in the area. It is next to the Soda Springs ski area off of I-80.
- Tahoe-XC is located near Kings Beach past Tahoe City
- Tahoe-Donner offers X-C skiing located in Truckee.
- Sierra-Club Lodge (Clair Tappan) offers X-C skiing. It is located on the Soda Springs road between Soda Springs and Sugar Bowl.
- You can walk to a popular sledding hill on Chalet Road across the street from the Stanford Lodge. It is a good hill and very wide without hazards at the bottom.
- There is sledding at North Tahoe Park in Tahoe City. They will provide a sled and a machine-groomed hill (was $5/day per person).
- Granlibakken has a groomed hill for sledding and tubing.
- There is sledding at Boreal Ridge at Donner Summit.
- There is sledding at Kingvale (I80 west of Donner Summit).
- Soda Springs offers tubing with a special tow lift. Both beginner and intermediate runs are operated.
- Northstar offers tubing with a special lift.
- Squaw Valley offers tubing with a special lift.
- Tahoe-Donner offers sledding and tubing.
- Squaw Valley offers ice skating at their resort at Squaw Creek. There is a second rink at the top of the tram which offers stupendous views.
- Northstar at Tahoe has a skating rink in their village.
- The Truckee Regional Park has a skating rink only 1/2 mile from downtown Truckee.
- Eagle Ridge snowmobile tours offer some training, some fast fun, and great views. They are North of Truckee.
- The Tahoe City Golf Course in Tahoe City offers snowmobiling.
- You can snowshoe around the condo if there is enough snow. There is a trail that goes from the end of the driveway into the forest which is suitable for snowshoeing.